guix-devel

Re: Unpatched security flaws in GNU IceCat 38

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: Unpatched security flaws in GNU IceCat 38
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 23:52:00 -0400

Mark:

On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 23:06:17 -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote:
> I'm sorry to report that GNU IceCat 38 can no longer be safely used, due
> to critical security flaws that are believed to allow remote code
> execution.  I was unable to backport upstream fixes from 45.3 to 38.
>
> Until IceCat 45.3 is available, I recommend that you use Epiphany.

Could you elaborate?  I assume you're referencing this:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefox-esr/#firefoxesr45.2

Are you going to be publishing an announcement about this?  Sorry if I
missed it; gnu.org/s/icecat doesn't mention anything.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer