guix-devel

Re: PHP 7.0 & php-fpm

From: ng0
Subject: Re: PHP 7.0 & php-fpm
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 13:03:15 +0000

Hi,

address@hidden writes:

> Hello ng0,
>
> I'm still interested in working on this, and I think I will need help
> regarding how to setup a service for GNU Shepherd and how to configure
> compiler flags for guix. Will you assist me on this? Besides the Guix
> manual, where can I find good and detailed information on how to do a
> good job?
>
> Greetings,

I'm not the best advisor in writing guix or shepherd services - I'm
currently working on my first 2 services myself - but for packages I
might be able to help.  And if I can't be of any help, others on the
guix-devel list will be.
If php would be your first package, I would suggest to first pick
something small, and afterwards apply what you learned to the bigger
package php.

Do you know how php7 and php-fpm are structured, its dependency trees?
If there are small packages in there it's useful to start there.

For 'doing a good job' we are trying to improve the guix manual. The
'contributing' chapter of it can be useful, and good examples I just
find in the git checkout(s) I have of guix, searching the relevant
folders for code.
I'd say if you haven't done so already, read the contributing manual and
ask questions about it.
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Contributing

--
♥Ⓐ  ng0