guix-devel

Re: guix-0.11 help2man errors during compilation

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Re: guix-0.11 help2man errors during compilation
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 14:19:54 +0200

Hello,

Jan Synáček <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm getting strange errors:

> HELP2MAN doc/guix-daemon.1
> help2man: can't get `--help' info from guix-daemon
> Try `--no-discard-stderr' if option outputs to stderr
> WARNING: 'help2man' is missing on your system.
>          You should only need it if you modified a dependency of a man page.
>          You may want to install the GNU Help2man package:
>          <http://www.gnu.org/software/help2man/>
> Makefile:4893: recipe for target 'doc/guix-daemon.1' failed
> make: [doc/guix-daemon.1] Error 127 (ignored)
>
> help2man *is* present on my system. Later on, more man pages in doc/
> are built just fine.

I need some extra information in order to debug this.

- The config.log file and the Makefile from you build directory
- The output of 'make --version' and 'help2man --version'

Are you building from the Git repository or the release tarball?

When you execute make again does it try to rebuild 'doc/guix-daemon.1'
if yes, does it succeed?

Thanks,

--
Mathieu Lirzin