guix-devel

Re: [GSoC] Continuous integration tool à la Hydra.

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: [GSoC] Continuous integration tool à la Hydra.
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 13:05:15 +0200

Hi Mathieu,

Are you already working on a package/service for guix?

I'd like to deploy it to my server to avoid silly mistakes
like in my last two pushes to master...

Does it rebuild from commit individually or only HEAD?
This would be nice to check for rebase mistakes where
HEAD builds but a commit doesn't.

Does it already support building packages for all guix
supported systems?

```
(define (local-file file)
;; In the common case jobs will be defined relative to the repository.
;; However for testing purpose use local gnu-system.scm instead.
(string-append (dirname (current-filename)) "/" file))
(define hello-master
`((#:name . "guix")
(#:url . "git://git.savannah.gnu.org/guix.git")
(#:load-path . ".")
(#:file . ,(local-file "gnu-system.scm"))
(#:proc . hydra-jobs)
(#:arguments (subset . "hello"))
(#:branch . "master")))
(list hello-master)
```

Can I also define custom jobs like running guix --rounds=2 and
guix lint?

Thank you,
David