guix-devel

Adding ruby-rails and ruby-sinatra.

From: Ben Woodcroft
Subject: Adding ruby-rails and ruby-sinatra.
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 22:11:41 +1000

Hi all,

I am quite happy to announce that we are almost on rails. There's a new branch 'wip-rails' on savannah with a new file 'gnu/packages/rails-wip.scm', which includes ~100 ruby packages towards rails and sinatra, both of which can be built and used, though I have not yet used them for anything significant.

These packages are mostly in bad shape and not ready for master. I will slowly get them into shape and push them over, but in the meantime I thought that early adopters might have a use for them, find bugs or even help improve them.

Hope this all helps someone out there.

ben