guix-devel

Re: Feedback, ideas, discussion: tracking patches, discussions, bugs.

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: Feedback, ideas, discussion: tracking patches, discussions, bugs.
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 10:37:24 +0200

> Am 15.08.2016 um 17:18 schrieb Alex Vong:
>> Of course, there are other alternatives, such as gogs,
>
> The gogs.io website is using a lot of external content, namely from
> google and jquery. The FAQ is hosted a another external side, discus.

I don't understand how it's relevant that gogs.io makes use of jquery
and google analytics? It makes sense to not reinvent the wheel and
use 3rd party components for common tasks IMO.

> Gogs is not even self-hosting gogs but hosted at github.

That's because github is awesome. That says more about github
than gogs IMO ;-)

> gogs.io does not even state which license it has ("Open Source It all at
> guithub"),

It says MIT at the bottom of the page. A link takes you directly to the
COPYING file in the github repo.

> So there would be at least some work to be done to fulfil the "B"
> criteria "Does not report visitors to other organizations"
>
> (I have to admit that I did not check this for gitlab, though.)

What's the "B" criteria?

I don't like gitlab's UI as much as github's, but I can't constructively
point the finger at what it is. But I'll get used to it just as I got used
to sending patches via email... ;-)