guix-devel

Re: Feedback, ideas, discussion: tracking patches, discussions, bugs.

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: Feedback, ideas, discussion: tracking patches, discussions, bugs.
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 22:06:19 +0800

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 15.08.2016 um 17:18 schrieb Alex Vong:
>
>     Of course, there are other alternatives, such as gogs,
>
> The gogs.io website is using a lot of external content, namely from
> google and jquery. The FAQ is hosted a another external side, discus.
> Gogs is not even self-hosting gogs but hosted at github. gogs.io does
> not even state which license it has ("Open Source It all at guithub"),

I am a bit confused here, are we going to (1) host the code on our own
server, or (2) using code-hosting service provided by other
organization?

If we are doing (1), then it is up to us to meet the GNU ethical
repository criteria [0]. If we are doing (2), then we need to ensure
that our service provider meet the criteria [0].

What I suggested is doing (1) with gogs. Do I understand the situation
correctly? WDYT?

[0]: https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria.en.html