guix-devel

Re: core-updates, next release, and all that

From: Ben Woodcroft
Subject: Re: core-updates, next release, and all that
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 14:41:09 +1000

On 01/09/16 05:33, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
Ben Woodcroft <address@hidden> writes:

On 28/07/16 19:31, Andreas Enge wrote:
Hello,

the main failures that remain on x86 are related to the gmime problem fixed
in master. So I merged master once again and will start another evaluation
of core-updates. Probably we are done then.

There is a little problem with some source that cannot be downloaded:
     http://hydra.gnu.org:3000/build/1327453
If this has not been fixed in master yet, maybe the bioinformatics people
would like to have a look.
Fixed in 'f2e791750'. This was another case of BioConductor deleting out
of date sources, and more encouragement to move to SVN as discussed
previously.
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-06/msg00683.html
Yeah, I really feel guilty each time I tell people here that Guix helps
with reproducibility — and then I remember Bioconductor and have to add
a footnote…
It isn't so bad with content addressed mirrors now of course, this was a special case with hydra itself going down.

I have already rewritten a Bioconductor package locally to test this.
It shouldn’t take very long to move to SVN, but I just haven’t found the
time so far.  Maybe after the recursive importer is merged I’ll be able
to make time to adjust the importer and existing Bioconductor packages.
Excellent.

ben