guix-devel

Linux kernel config maintainablility

From: David Craven
Subject: Linux kernel config maintainablility
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 14:30:11 +0200

Hi,

So I'm trying to get a linux-libre-kernel for arm going. For arm there
is a multi_v7_defconfig we can use. I looked at the existing kernel
configs we have and can't make heads or tails of them. My question is
are any kernel options needed specifically for guixsd? And can we make
it more readable/explicit by using a defconfig + adding the guixsd
specific configs separately? This would allow people like me to
understand what's actually needed to get guixsd working ;-)