guix-devel

Re: aseprite is now EULA licensed.

From: ng0
Subject: Re: aseprite is now EULA licensed.
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 10:43:00 +0000

> Hello,
>
> ng0 <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> 2 days ago they changed from gpl-2 to eula. This could theoretically
>> mean we can update to 1.1.7 and freeze it there (hoping that a
>> compatible licensed fork appears or whatever will happen)?
>>
>> http://dev.aseprite.org/post/149797781837/new-source-code-license
>> https://github.com/aseprite/aseprite/commit/5ecc356a41c8e29977f8608d8826489d24f5fa6c
>
> I think the license change is a wrong way to solve the developer
> problem.
>
> Anyway, this raises an interesting question: would it make sense for
> Guix to allow an optional `donate' keyword associated to a list of URLs
> package definitions?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738

Interesting idea.. it would allow metadata for the package listing
webview in the future and if someone wants to donate they don't have to
search the project websites, but could get a direct link to their web
site which lists details if available.

I don't know if we can do that, but I'd be in favor for it as there is
no damage attached for all involved parties.
--
ng0
For non-prism friendly talk find me on http://www.psyced.org