guix-devel

Re: Display diffs between generations.

From: Roel Janssen
Subject: Re: Display diffs between generations.
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 18:53:06 +0200

Vincent Legoll writes:

>>> I think keeping a way to see all generations in one go would be cool
>>
>> --list-generations would still display all the generations.  Or did you
>> mean “a way to see *the content* of each generation”?
>
> I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "the content", what I meant
> was to keep what current guix package -l shows us, i.e. do not alter current
> UI, only add new things, but do not break existing practices when not
> mandated.

What about adding a `--no-diff-format' or a `--diff-format' argument to
`--list-generations'?

We could then make two choices:  Default to the proposed diff format, or
default to the full format (what we have now).  Depending on what we
choose as default, we can implement the appropriate negating argument.

I would prefer defaulting to the diff format..

Thanks for your feedback!

Kind regards,
Roel Janssen