guix-devel

Re: using Cuirass to track a guix packages' git

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Re: using Cuirass to track a guix packages' git
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 19:59:17 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> Mathieu Lirzin writes:
>
>>> Thanks!  I'd really love to get a working Guix-based ci system and
>>> Cuirass is already very close to the minimal set that I need.  I have
>>> a working patch to add building of VMs (a la hydra/guix-system.scm) but
>>> it needs a bit of cleanup work.
>>
>> Nice!
>
> I figure we experiment and maintain this in Cuirass and move into Guix
> again later.

This is a good strategy I think.

>> There is a basic Guile Web server which is runnable via
>> 'run-cuirass-server' procedure.  There is only one JSON ressource which
>> is accessible from "/specifications" and "/jobsets" routes.  To use the
>> server you have to parameterize the '%package-database' parameter to
>> point to an SQLite file with specifications in it.
>
> Yes, I think I found this, I can see json in my browser window...but
> that's not really a web view yet (no criticism, I'm just wondering...)

Sorry I misread what you meant by web view.  I don't have much
experience in Web programming, I guess an "easy" way (for a Scheme
programmer at least) to achieve something quickly would be to generate
static HTML from SXML and procedures that convert Cuirass data structures
to SXML.

>> WHAT NEEDS TO be done is to provide more JSON ressources (inspired by
>> Hydra API) by translating request to SQL queries.  A command line
>> interface would be a nice addition too.
>
> If this is inspired by Hydra does it mean you plan to somehow use (parts
> of?) the Hydra web engine to present views using this json?

The idea is to reuse Emacs Hydra interface in Guix if possible.  :)

--
Mathieu Lirzin