guix-devel

Re: Call for volunteer(s) for Guix "security" web page

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Call for volunteer(s) for Guix "security" web page
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 11:04:55 -0400

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 02:26:53PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> > Note that you’ll then need to commit the resulting HTML to CVS(!) to
> > that the update pages show up, as per the instructions available on the
> > Savannah project page.  If you’re unsure or anything, I can do that.
>
> I'll try it if this new patch is okay.

I read some parts of the CVS manual [0].

I checked out the CVS repo over SSH as directed by Savannah. Then, I
copied all the new and changed files created by (export-web-site) in to
the CVS tree.

I want some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing before I do it :)

My plan:

$ cvs add security # The manual says that `cvs add` is not recursive.
$ cvs add security/index.html
$ cvs commit # I think this will commit all changes in tracked files.

Does that look right?

[0] For some reason nongnu.org/cvs directs users to archive.org for the
manual...
https://web.archive.org/web/20130202033128/http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.12.13/cvs_7.html#SEC68