guix-devel

Re: guix environment guix doesn't provide guix dependencies?

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: guix environment guix doesn't provide guix dependencies?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 23:52:12 -0700

Eric Bavier <address@hidden> writes:

> You can also do
>
>   guix environment -e "(@ (gnu packages package-management) guix)"
>
> which points to 'guix-devel' and includes everything needed to build
> from a git clone.
>
> `~Eric

Are you sure?  I just tried this and it didn't work.  When I evaluate
this expression in Guile, I see:

scheme@(guile-user)> (@ (gnu packages package-management) guix)
$1 = #<package address@hidden gnu/packages/package-management.scm:71 3345c00>
scheme@(guile-user)>

Regardless, I appreciate you mentioning the -e option; that is useful to
know, and it highlights the difference between the name of the variable
used to refer to the package object and the name of the package, which I
often forget are not the same.

--
Chris