guix-devel

Re: kdesu security update needed

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: kdesu security update needed
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 12:37:57 -0400

On Sat, Oct 01, 2016 at 02:19:05PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:
> > An aside, the CVE linter gives false positives for grafted packages. For
> > example, try `guix lint -c cve address@hidden
>
> That’s been annoying me for some time so I’d like to see if we can
> improve grafting in a way that would allow us to use a different version
> number in the package replacement, which in turn would allow ‘guix lint’
> to see the right version number of the replacement.

That would be nice. The current situation (with misleading package
versions) is a huge improvement over what we had before, but I think
that users should not need to understand the implementation details of
grafting to determine the version of packages.

I always figured this quirky limitation was a side-effect of rushing to
implement recursive grafting before OpenSSL 1.0.2g was released.