guix-devel

Re: [PACKAGE] musl libc

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [PACKAGE] musl libc
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2016 13:54:24 +0000

David Craven <address@hidden> writes:

>> I was wondering what happened to musl? Are there any problems left,
>> anything the people you have been working with can help you to solve? I
>> had the impression it was almost ready.
>
> Depends on what you consider ready. It's ready for creating a gcc6
> musl toolchain... If you want to use it for guixsd you'll also need to
> patch ~every package in the base system, since many packages do #ifdef
> GLIBC_2.23 #elifdef GLIBC_2.24 etc... that doesn't work well with
> musl.

That's not what's needed to get the package itself into the tree.... I
know the obstacles one has with musl, from Gentoo. So if it builds, and
at least one package compiles with it, that's enough to be honest. There
will be one hell of a roadtrip if you intend to fix EVERYTHING for
musl to be satisfied enough to get it into master.