guix-devel

Re: texmaker, Qt and Chromium

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: texmaker, Qt and Chromium
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 23:24:21 +0200

On Sun, 9 Oct 2016 00:08:50 +0300
Efraim Flashner <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm not sure, but I assumed it was so that anyone could download the
> source and run './configure; make; (sudo) make install' without worrying
> about those pesky things known as dependancies.

That's certainly why I bundle. Also that the dependencies don't suddenly change
their API or version or anything.

So I don't think that just because something is bundled it is modified.

After all, you as a bundler have to eventually (on *your* schedule) update the
bundled dependencies and then you have to port all your modifications. I always
ensure that I don't modify anything in it (or as little as possible if it can't
be helped).

Of course I can't speak on why they do it.