guix-devel

Re: More duplicate package definitions

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: More duplicate package definitions
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:10:16 +0200

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 03:17:54PM +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
>> Hi Danny,
>>
>> thanks for pointing this out.
>> > python2-msgpack has a duplicate too.
>>
>> I removed this one, too.
>>
>> > And so do ruby-arel, r-codetools, r-gtable.
>>

>> These have different versions and are not defined just below each other.
>> Somebody else needs to work on this.
>
> We should CC whoever added those second patches to get their input. At
> least, we can add comments to the package definitions to explain why we
> need to keep multiple versions around.

Looks like I added the “r-codetools” dupe.  It’s the same version and it
wasn’t on purpose, as far as I can tell.  It’s okay to remove it.

“r-gtable” seems to be the same.  What’s weird is that I added both
versions according to git blame, so maybe it’s been a careless merge?
I’d suggest removing the older version.

~~ Ricardo