guix-devel

Specifying and build output separately?

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Specifying and build output separately?
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 10:06:34 +0200

Hi,

we have several cyclic dependencies due to e.g. packages depending on
each other only for building the documentation. Examples are numpy and
matpltlib.

So I wonder it it would be possible to to something like this:

(define-public numpy:doc
  (inherit numpy)
  (name "numpy:doc")
  (outputs "doc")
  (inputs … matplotlib …)
  (… modify-phases …))

This would at least help breaking cycles where only specific the
documentation is effected. It will still not solve more complex
situation we have for python--tk--libxck--python, i assume. But maybe
this could be generalized.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel