guix-devel

Re: [RFC] Reliable compiler specification setting (at least include/lib

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [RFC] Reliable compiler specification setting (at least include/lib dirs) through the process environment
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 14:59:15 +0200

Hi!

Shea Levy <address@hidden> skribis:

> Your patches look good! My biggest concern is how the ld wrapper behaves
> in the presence of response files. Have you tested that?

It surely doesn’t (yet?).

However, GCC does not pass address@hidden arguments when it invokes ‘ld’, and
the bug report you mentioned¹ talks about GHC invoking ‘gcc’, not ‘ld’,
so I guess it’s fine to ignore response files in the ld wrapper.

Ludo’.

¹
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/commit/a421e7bd4a28c69bded8b17888325e31554f61a1