guix-devel

Web site news to move to Haunt

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Web site news to move to Haunt
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 10:09:43 +0200

Hello Guix!

In the ‘wip-haunt’ branch of guix-artwork.git, I started switching the
web site to use Haunt, as was suggested long ago:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2015-11/msg00087.html

The goal is to manage news using Haunt, and to have a page to display
them on the web site, something nicer and more flexible than this:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/news/?group=guix

And I already enjoy Haunt!  :-)

Hopefully I’ll be done real soon and the web site will become the
official news host (I’ll have to email “planet” maintainers to update
the feed URL.)

I have a couple of procedures to import the old news items¹ and to write
them as alists with SXML suitable for input to Haunt.

Ludo’.

¹ Actually only the 20 most recent items, due to this hard-coded limit
  in Savane:

<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/tree/frontend/php/news/atom.php#n61>.