guix-devel

Re: guix emacs mode

From: ng0
Subject: Re: guix emacs mode
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 10:19:45 +0000

Alex Kost <address@hidden> writes:

> ng0 (2016-10-28 08:30 +0000) wrote:
>
>> ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I agree, this could be more useful. The best approach would be to move
>>> this to a separate project, so that other systems can create packages
>>> for this to install it.
>>
>> Different issue, but somehow related: Could we move the emacs
>> specific settings into an emacs mode if emacs modes can detect
>> some common structure or however we specify that the current file
>> which is edited is guix and not guile/scm alone?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand the question.  What does «move the emacs
> specific settings into an emacs mode» mean?

I don't understand much, well to be honest: nothing, on how modes
in emacs work. I meant that we maybe could move whatever the
.dir-locals.el sets into some external modules/files/set if
possible at all. It probably works for gentoo .ebuild because
they have a different file extension than bash, but at their core
it is bash (if I don't mix it up right now). The sentence below
looks like this will not work at all for guix.

--
♥Ⓐ  ng0  | ng0.chaosnet.org