guix-devel

Shutdown of googlecode end of the year - we have affected packages!

From: ng0
Subject: Shutdown of googlecode end of the year - we have affected packages!
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2016 10:54:26 +0000

As you all hopefully know, googlecode gets shutdown at the end of
2016. We are in a better position than Gentoo with their 500
affected ebuilds is, but we still have packages which are affected:

address@hidden ~/src/guix/guix$ egrep -nr "googlecode"
Binary file gnu/packages/games.go matches
Binary file gnu/packages/game-development.go matches
gnu/packages/game-development.scm:75:              (uri (string-append
"https://bullet.googlecode.com/files/bullet-";
Binary file gnu/packages/statistics.go matches
Binary file gnu/packages/key-mon.go matches
gnu/packages/key-mon.scm:36:
"http://key-mon.googlecode.com/files/key-mon-";
Binary file gnu/packages/java.go matches
gnu/packages/xiph.scm:232:            (uri (string-append
"http://libkate.googlecode.com/files/libkate-";
gnu/packages/ibus.scm:130:   (home-page "http://ibus.googlecode.com/";)
Binary file gnu/packages/ibus.go matches
Binary file gnu/packages/xiph.go matches
gnu/packages/java.scm:1183:              (uri (string-append
"https://hamcrest.googlecode.com/files/";
gnu/packages/games.scm:236:       (uri (string-append
"http://pingus.googlecode.com/files/pingus-";
gnu/packages/statistics.scm:515:    (home-page "http://r-proto.googlecode.com";)
gnu/build/file-systems.scm:142:;;
<http://wiki.cryptsetup.googlecode.com/git/LUKS-standard/>.  We follow
Binary file
.git/objects/pack/pack-d5c190ee29cd438fa45d132eef54b627cb982f3f.pack matches

There is a thread on gentoo-dev mailnglist, which is why I was
looking into this. I have to read some more, but it reads like
googlecode.com gets shutdown at the end of 2016? If I am wrong
about this, I will update this post later. Feel free to correct
me if you already know more.