guix-devel

Re: Circular dependencies in gnu/packages, weird error message

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Circular dependencies in gnu/packages, weird error message
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2016 22:29:35 +0100

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> skribis:

>  894: 5 [thunk]
> In ice-9/eval.scm:
>  387: 4 [eval # #]
>  387: 3 [eval # #]
>  387: 2 [eval # #]
>  387: 1 [eval # #]
> In unknown file:
>    ?: 0 [struct-ref #<syntax-transformer glibc> 1]
>
> ERROR: In procedure struct-ref:
> ERROR: In procedure struct-ref: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting
> struct): #<syntax-transformer glibc>

We lack source location info in the backtrace because some of the
relevant files have not been compiled (hence the ‘eval’ calls).  So I
don’t really know where this happens.

Does that still happen after ‘make clean-go && make’?

Alternately, could you send an exact (ideally reduced) patch to
reproduce?

Thanks,
Ludo’.