guix-devel

Re: Libtiff 4.0.7 update

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Libtiff 4.0.7 update
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 18:21:47 +0100

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> This updates libtiff to the latest upstream version, 4.0.7. I went
> through the tarball and confirmed that all the patches were contained in
> it but, please, double-check :)
>
> Also, libtiff has new source and home-page URLs. Read all about it:
>
> http://www.asmail.be/msg0054885794.html
>
> It will require ~1600 rebuilds.

Sweet. Perhaps it should be grafted on master first, then merge it and
ungraft on core-updates? Either approach will cause conflicts if there
are further updates to libtiff before next core-updates merge, so not
sure which is better.

Another approach could be to have special "ungraft" branches for each of
these widely used high-severity libraries, that are continously merged
once Hydra has built it all.

Not sure how many days it takes to build ~1600 packages for all
supported archs, probably better to merge "ungrafts" to staging.

Just throwing some ideas out. LGTM anyway!