guix-devel

Re: perl-digest-md5 , rev2

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: perl-digest-md5 , rev2
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 19:30:16 +0100

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> writes:

> I noticed the 'strip' phase was unable to strip MD5.so because of
> permissions, so I added a phase to chmod it 755.

I'm really sorry for the git noise regarding this package. Apparently
it's made read-only during the install phase, so the 'set-permissions'
phase has no effect.

I have a commit that fixes it, but upon further investigation this seems
to be the case for most/all perl packages. Only one other perl package
has a custom phase to fix it currently. Perhaps we should change
'perl-build-system' to make all .so files writable as well?

Alternatively, do it in 'gnu-build-system', as there are non-perl
packages with custom phases to make '.so' files writable as well.

Perhaps simply run a 'chmod 755' in the 'strip' phase? WDYT?