guix-devel

Re: Encrypted root partition

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Encrypted root partition
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 16:06:27 +0000

> Chris Marusich <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> Is anyone actively working on documenting the new encrypted root stuff?
>> If not, I'm happy to try my hand at it.  I'm interested in trying to set
>> it up on my laptop, anyway.
>
> I’ve added documentation in 2b5fea5ba3b07999cf198e1132ffcacbfcb7ed72.
>
> Please send a patch if you think of improvements that can be made.
>
> Ludo’.

I can confirm a first success. I used a test system "bare metal"
and guix pull'ed from within it, with the addition of the last
line in your updated example (properties mapped-devices) I was
able to init an luks test system which only has bios_boot
partition outside of the luks partition and swap being a file.

It works as a test.

Thanks for your work on this!