guix-devel

Re: New python build system merged

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: New python build system merged
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 16:02:52 +0100

Am 30.11.2016 um 09:20 schrieb Danny Milosavljevic:
> I think it depends on how much work fixing them is. If it were just five
> minutes then I'd say leave it in master and fix the packages that failed.
>
> Otherwise revert.

I strongly against reverting this! We already have a backlog of several
python packages which are using "setuptools" as input. If reverting the
new python build system, we need to clean them all up later.

We need to go forward instead of reverting. Fixing up the build issues
should be easy since the changes are not fundamental.

> However, Hartmut, I think that Build 1637640 is not even done building all
> the packages yet (1853

I'm curious (I do not understand hydra yet), but AKAIU a "build" is
about a single package. And https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1637640 builds
calibre. There is no queue not other packages.

I assume you are talking about evaluation 109379
<https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109379>, which the above build is part of.
This evaluation is outdated. I already fixed some of the errors you
listed, others did not occur on my system when trying to reproduce.

--

Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | address@hidden               |