guix-devel

Re: Add a pastebin client to the next guixsd image release

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Add a pastebin client to the next guixsd image release
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 11:03:13 +0000

Alex Kost <address@hidden> writes:

> ng0 (2016-12-04 18:16 +0000) wrote:
>
>> I think the next release image for GuixSD should include
>> wgetpaste as a tool. This would make it possible for people who
>> are stuck in the image and who are doing the installation, to
>> paste the config.scm or any other command output.
>
> I agree: some *simple* paste tool would be good in the system image for
> such cases.
>
>> Are there any security concerns, or is this something we can do?
>> If the majority should be against it, another option I can think
>> of is that we add it to the documentation as a general suggestion
>> to search for "pastebin" with "guix package -s pastebin" and
>> install one of the available pastebin clients (there'll be more
>> than one at some point).
>
> I would avoid the word "pastebin", as it's just one of the paste
> websites (and not the friendliest for the Tor users).
>
> --
> Alex

Then we should change the description of wgetpaste, as this is
the only keyword which limits result for paste to those
associated with what we understand as uploading a paste
somewhere.

The second package, still on hold for some months now because of
some bug with curl, requires curl. wgetpaste requires wget and is
functional now, which is why I suggested it (and maybe add the
lisp upload web service to the default sites?).
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0  | ng0.chaosnet.org