guix-devel

Re: NetworkManager doesn't "Connect automatically"

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: NetworkManager doesn't "Connect automatically"
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 02:24:37 -0800

Chris Marusich <address@hidden> writes:

>> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

>>> See README where it mentions differences to logind:
>>>
>>>   https://github.com/elogind/elogind
>>>
>>> In particular see the changes in gnu/packages/polkit.scm to get
>>> PolicyKit to recognize elogind.
>>>
>>> ANdy
>>
>> Awesome, thank you for the tip!  At first blush it looks like the word
>> "systemd" is mentioned in surprisingly many files inside the
>> NetworkManager source.  I'll try following the example of polkit and see
>> how it goes!
>
> Upon closer inspection, it looks almost as if NetworkManager has
> extracted code from systemd for its own internal use.  I'll continue to
> look into this, but I don't expect to be able to make progress on my own
> very soon, so if someone else wants to dive in and help figure out what
> substitutions to make in the NetworkManager code, it would be welcome.

I tried following polkit's example.  These patches enable me to build
network-manager with elogind, but when I reconfigure my system using the
new network-manager package, NetworkManager still fails to automatically
connect (like before, there are no error messages that I can find).

I suspect I didn't replace the right "systemd" references, but it's hard
to say.  A second pair of eyes on this would be very helpful!

--
Chris