guix-devel

Re: gnunet-service, first draft in need of review.

From: ng0
Subject: Re: gnunet-service, first draft in need of review.
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 17:11:33 +0000

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 19.12.2016 um 20:30 schrieb ng0:
>> I'd like someone to review the shepherd service so I can be sure that
>> the errors I'm getting aren't gnunet related. You have to configure a
>
> Maybe this is due to wrong file-system permissions: In gnunet-activation
> you write:
>
> +           (chmod "/var/lib/gnunet/" #o600)
> +           (mkdir-p "/var/lib/gnunet/.local/share/gnunet")
>

> So the service first removes the write permissions and then tries to
> create a sub-directory.

I found the files created (for example $directory/hostlists/new
(or whatever the name was) is owned by root. this should not
happen, it should be gnunet:gnunet.
The permissions have to be very restrictive, at least from what I
remember writing the Gentoo package and service.
I'll try to adjust the chmod level then, maybe this fixed the not
starting problem.

--
♥Ⓐ  ng0  | PGP keys and more: https://n0is.noblogs.org/