guix-devel

Re: Emacs-Guix released outside from Guix

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Emacs-Guix released outside from Guix
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 12:15:26 +0300

myglc2 (2016-12-21 19:18 -0500) wrote:

> On 12/17/2016 at 12:13 Alex Kost writes:
>
>> I have committed 'emacs-guix' package, so after "guix pull" or if you
>> use the git checkout, you may try it with:
>>
>>   guix package -i emacs-guix
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> Tried this on GuixSD 0.12.0 from git and I dig it!
>
> When I google 'guix emacs github' the top hit is ...
>
> GitHub - alezost/guix.el: (OBSOLETE) Emacs interface for Guix ...
>
> ... Which is cool, but '(OBSOLETE)' is odd. Maybe it will fix itself?

I'm sure it will fix itself.  I changed this description a week ago (it
was "OBSOLETE" for more than a year); apparently, google does not know
about it yet.

> Have you decided re feedback/support? github issues? mailing list?

Whatever seems appropriate to you: issues or pull requests on
github/notabug, or mailing me directly is OK.  As for using guix-devel
mailing list, I think it's not a suitable place, I would like to avoid
polluting this list with Emacs-Guix stuff.

> Many thanks for continuing to make emacs-guix cooler and cooler!

Thanks, make sure to check "M-x guix-help", if you have not yet.  BTW
I'm going to release 0.2.1 in a few days.  It will have "M-x guix-about"
command, which is not very useful but it's "fancy"... well, I'll make an
announcement about it :-)