guix-devel

Re: Bad signature on commit 6a34f4ccc8a5d (gnu: python-prompt-toolkit: U

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Bad signature on commit 6a34f4ccc8a5d (gnu: python-prompt-toolkit: Update to 1.0.9.)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 12:13:21 -0500

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 04:04:49AM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
> Signing seems to fail both seldom and pseudo-randomly. Oh, and
> silently[1]. My favourite kind of bug.
>
> I'm guessing this is what happens:
>
>   $
>   $ git commit, am or cherry-pick && git log --show-signatures
>       ...everything looks good and signed! Let's push!
>   $ git fetch --all && git rebase upstream/master
>       ...now signing some non-HEAD commit silently fails...
>   $ git push upstream
>       ...badness.
>
> Good night,
>
> T G-R
>
> [1]: until you check the log, of course.
>
> PS:
>   address@hidden $ /usr/bin/gpg2 --version
>   gpg (GnuPG) 2.1.15
>   libgcrypt 1.7.2-beta
> but I doubt that matters much now. I don't use Guix's gpg [yet].

It would be nice to figure out why it fails. It seems specific to your
setup somehow (since there are no other broken signatures in the log),
but I have no idea where to start. Perhaps with the beta version of
libgcrypt.

Especially since it seems specific to your setup, can you evaluate the
pre-push hook that's attached, and start using the hook if you're
satisfied that it's correct?