guix-devel

Re: 77 Rust Crates, fluid, roboto-font, libpsyc rust bindings

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: 77 Rust Crates, fluid, roboto-font, libpsyc rust bindings
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 13:00:27 +0100

> Both can happen at the same time and help each other. I/we need
> these patches, and I think keeping this branch around on our (my)
> side will help finding bugs in the cargo build-system. I just
> hope it won't be another year until it all works well enough.

Well if you'd like to help there, I think that finding and packaging a
simple package that contains a Cargo.lock file and a dependency tree
<= 10 crates would be a more useful test scenario. A test base this
large would be useful at a later stage. I'm having difficulties
finding a crate that fits those requirements, maybe I'll package some
old rust project of mine...