guix-devel

packaging the meta-searchenging searx fails at python-requests[socks]

From: ng0
Subject: packaging the meta-searchenging searx fails at python-requests[socks]
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 15:32:42 +0000

Hi,

I have messed up my old searx branch and started new, visible
here <https://pagure.io/guix-dev/commits/searx2> where you can
also download the individual commits as patches etc.

The python package definitions probably need to be cleaned up,
please do no comment on the parts of the searx package which
include a long commented section, I am aware of it and will clean
it up before the next run, ideally I will add the dependencies
and make it run at least one, if not all, optional tests. My
problem is of a different nature right now.

I am stuck with getting it to find python-requests.
requirements.txt of searx includes this line[0]:

requests[socks]==2.12.4

which should mean, build requests with propagated PySocks (socks)
input. Okay, I have tried to add an modified PySocks which is
more or less active maintained but is one version ahead of the
version defined by requests here[1]:

PySocks==1.5.6

Where I am packaging instead PySocks 1.5.7:
https://pagure.io/guix-dev/c/7a2c54bd29b3cdea183919aad837cf71552d0d88?branch=searx2

I'm not sure what lead me to packaging of PySocks in september.
I've tried to patch the requirements.txt to allow a different (or
all) PySocks versions but this didn't work out.

[0]: https://github.com/asciimoo/searx/blob/master/requirements.txt
[1]: https://github.com/kennethreitz/requests/blob/master/requirements.txt
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/