guix-devel

Re: Install FAQ: Only build the non-deterministic packages?

From: carlo von lynX
Subject: Re: Install FAQ: Only build the non-deterministic packages?
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 00:58:02 +0100

Congrats! ng0 just showed me
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/reproducibility.html

Great file.. and great that I only saw some twenty important
packages that need to be built manually.. most of the stuff
is trustworthy in binary form. EXCELLENT!

Now the perfect thing would be that this list is actually
part of the Guix OS, gpg-signed by several developers and
parsed automatically so that the *default* behaviour of
the guix installation process is to build the non-reproducible
packages while fetching the reproducible ones directly in
binary form.

By the way, "I hate guile" was a joke. I'm just too dumb for it.

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using encryption:
         http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/LynX/