guix-devel

Re: Graphical Installer - Call for Testing.

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Graphical Installer - Call for Testing.
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 07:55:48 +0100

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this very comprehensive feedback.  I hope you will forgive
me if I don't respond to every point you have raised.  I have however read
them all, and they are all relevant and useful.  So thanks very much.

Some particular points however:

* Currently there is no mouse support at all.  I hope to add that later.
* It would be great if you could try to find out why your wireless failed.
* I hope, eventually, to remove the reliance on cfdisk.
* From your comments, and those from others it is clear to me that the
  part of the user interface involved with creating filesystems and allocaing
  mount points needs to be redesigned. - so after that, there will be a whole
  different set of issues!
* What would you suggest instead of the "Reboot" message?