guix-devel

Re: Graphical Installer - Call for Testing.

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Graphical Installer - Call for Testing.
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 13:35:49 +0100

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:34:02AM +0100, Ludovic Court??s wrote:
     Hi!

     Regarding networking, would it make sense to use Connman (or
     NetworkManger? or Wicd?) and simply talk to it?

     I???ve never used it but it seems that Connman is a good middle ground.
     We can send it RPCs I think, and it then takes care of all the plumbing,
     so I suppose that would simplify the user interface (or we could just
     launch the Connman CLI).

     Thoughts?

It's a possibility.  However we should watch out that the installer disk-image
does
not become too large ...

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3