guix-devel

Re: A postinst equivalent in Guix?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: A postinst equivalent in Guix?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 07:23:12 +0100

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 08:30:26PM +0200, Georgi Kirilov wrote:
     Hi,

     is there anything in Guix that can do things at install time, like postinst
     scripts in Debian?

     A program in a package I created is trying to access /var, but has no
     permissions. (Well, /gnu/store/.../var)
     The 'install' make target was doing 'chgrp' and 'install -g', but I had to
     remove these because there was no such group in the chroot jail. And it
     would be wrong anyway, as the gid in the jail would be different from that
     in the systems where the package will be installed.
     So, I guess /gnu/store/.../var has to be chgrp-ed during installation, on
     the user's system.

It's a fast rule that packages in Guix may not mutate the store.  So you will
have to find out exactly what and why your package is trying to do that, and
work out another way to effect it.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3