guix-devel

Re: Shadow -> 4.4

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Shadow -> 4.4
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 11:02:05 +0000

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 08:06:34PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
>> Question: I don't prefer to crash and burn systems, which test is
>> enough to show that it works? Reconfiguring one of my own systems?
>
> Yes. If it breaks your system, you can always reboot into an earlier
> system generation. Another option is to use a VM. I tested both cases,
> and it works for me.
>
> Would anyone else like to test it?

I have just reconfigured my system and I can login, and use
sudo. More testing wasn't done.

By the way, why don't we build 'shadow' with SELinux support?
I know everyone is busy, but I think we really should get that
hardening plan going - or at least come up with a plan on what we
want now and who's interested/will be involved, etc.

--
♥Ⓐ  ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/