guix-devel

Re: gnu: gnutls: Add gnutls-3.5.5 and gnutls-with-guile-next.

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: gnu: gnutls: Add gnutls-3.5.5 and gnutls-with-guile-next.
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 22:01:02 +0100

Hello!

Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> skribis:

> Hello!  I was talking in #guile and realized that even though guile-next
> now includes glorious https support via gnutls, few have tried it or
> know how to use it.
>
> It turns out you need a specially packaged version of gnutls!  Or,
> specially packaged until `guile-next' becomes just `guile'.
>
> Here's a patch that will give you that package.  You can give it a shot
> like so:
>
>   $ guix environment --ad-hoc guile-next gnutls-with-guile-next --pure

Good idea!  I ended up pushing a slightly different patch, calling the
package ‘guile2.2-gnutls’ to match what ‘package-for-guile-2.2’ does:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=079f013be2a3601518a67d65f4e39f7fabddb053

Let me know if anything’s wrong!

> Have fun hacking with https support,

BTW, it would be nice :-) to port this to Guile as well:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=bc3c41ce36349ed4ec758c70b48a7059e363043a

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=580deec5b44d623e994e59ef07e9e0c5496762fd

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up!

Ludo’.