guix-devel

Re: It’s building!

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: It’s building!
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 22:28:01 -0800 (1 day, 19 hours, 59 minutes ago)

Hello Guix!

> Good news: the new machine, bayfront.guixsd.org, is building Guix master
> for x86_64/i686 with Cuirass⁰!

Nice! Thanks to everyone implicated!

> You can get substitutes from https://bayfront.guixsd.org; just authorize
> its key (with ‘guix archive --authorize’), which is:
>
>   (public-key
>    (ecc
>     (curve Ed25519)
>     (q #8D156F295D24B0D9A86FA5741A840FF2D24F60F7B6C4134814AD55625971B394#)))

[...]

If anyone else would like to use the new bayfront substitute server by
declaring it in their config.scm you can consult the config I'm using
below, which is based on the lightweight desktop config base.

The important bits added are (guix-store) and (gnu services base) in the
topmost (use-modules ...) sexp, as well as in the modified (services ...) one.

Thanks for those who offered guidance on how to do this in the #guix irc
channel!

(use-modules (gnu)
             (gnu system nss)
             (gnu services)
             (guix store)           ;for %default-substitute-urls
             (gnu services base))   ;for %default-authorized-guix-keys
(use-service-modules desktop)
(use-package-modules wm ratpoison certs)

(operating-system
  (host-name "apteryx")
  (timezone "America/Los_Angeles")
  (locale "en_US.UTF-8")

  ;; Assuming /dev/sdX is the target hard disk, and "my-root"
  ;; is the label of the target root file system.
  (bootloader (grub-configuration (device "/dev/sda")))

  (file-systems (cons (file-system
                        (device "my-root")
                        (title 'label)
                        (mount-point "/")
                        (type "ext4"))
                      %base-file-systems))

  (users (cons (user-account
                (name "maxim")
                (comment "Maxim Cournoyer")
                (group "users")
                (supplementary-groups '("wheel" "netdev"
                                        "audio" "video"))
                (home-directory "/home/maxim"))
               %base-user-accounts))

  ;; Add a bunch of window managers; we can choose one at
  ;; the log-in screen with F1.
  (packages (cons* ratpoison ; i3-wm xmonad  ;window managers
                   nss-certs               ;for HTTPS access
                   %base-packages))

  ;; Use the "desktop" services, which include the X11
  ;; log-in service, networking with Wicd, and more.
  (services
   (cons*
    ;; Add the new bayfront server to the list of substitute-urls.
    (modify-services %desktop-services
      (guix-service-type config =>
                         (guix-configuration
                          (inherit config)
                          (substitute-urls
                           (cons* "https://bayfront.guixsd.org";
                                  %default-substitute-urls))
                          (authorized-keys
                           (cons* (plain-file "bayfront.guixsd.org.pub"
                                              (string-append "(public-key (ecc
(curve Ed25519) "
                                                             "(q
#8D156F295D24B0D9A86FA5741A840FF2"

"D24F60F7B6C4134814AD55625971B394#)))"))
                                  %default-authorized-guix-keys)))))))

  ;; Allow resolution of '.local' host names with mDNS.
  (name-service-switch %mdns-host-lookup-nss))