guix-devel

Re: gnu: abbaye: Update to 2.0.1 from new repository.

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: gnu: abbaye: Update to 2.0.1 from new repository.
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 10:46:01 -0200

Hi all! :)

About my copyright notice: I try to always expose alternative ways with
which people can reach me, from less varying to most varying.

For example, last weeks I was forced to update the vCard I pointed out
in my LibrePlanet wiki user-page such that the reader knows that I would
be sending replies for emails received in my usual inbox from another
email address I trust. Now, however, since I can send emails with my
normal email address, I reverted the changes to the vCard file.

About suggestion to use tarball snapshots instead of git-fetch: That's
interesting, I once read that `guix refresh` would behave better with
git-fetch methods than with url-fetch methods. But, as I found out
recently, it does seem that git-fetch imposes heavy load due to the
current innability to make shallow clones. So I'm now waiting for
others' input in this matter: Should I reformat the patch such that
url-fetch is used instead?

About indentation: It seems my indentation setup is broken somewhere,
I'll try to redo my setup.