guix-devel

Re: [Basic Linux Question]: Is it possible to have two init system?

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: [Basic Linux Question]: Is it possible to have two init system?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 19:05:00 +0000

You could just install the guix package manager.  Some GNU/Linux distributions package GuixSD.  If yours doesn't then you could install from source.

On 01/23/2017 11:55 AM, rohit yadav wrote:
​Hi,

Is it possible to run two init processes? I believe not, but PID 1 (primary init system) can start another PID 2 which could act secondary init system. If this is possible and commonly employed then we can easily get all the features of guixsd on a standard linux distribution. It will be really useful for beginners who are frustrated by standard distro but do not have time to learn the whole guix ecosystem at once before using it reliably.

Thanks,
Rohit​