guix-devel

[Installing Grub on blocklist]: Failing to create bootable disk on GCE

From: rohit yadav
Subject: [Installing Grub on blocklist]: Failing to create bootable disk on GCE
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 11:34:58 -0600

Hi,

I am trying to create bootable image on GCE using guix. It leads to following error.

Installing for i386-pc platform.
grub-install: warning: File system `ext2' doesn't support embedding.
grub-install: warning: Embedding is not possible. GRUB can only be installed in this setup by using blocklists. However, blocklists are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged..
grub-install: error: will not proceed with blocklists.
guix system: error: failed to install GRUB on device '/dev/disk/by-id/google-rowhit-guixsd-template-00'

I tried finding some references which shows how to forcibly write grub using blocklists. However, I am not sure how to do it with guix system.

Thanks,
Rohit