guix-devel

Re: Structured list of my patches

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Structured list of my patches
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 09:37:05 +0000

Pjotr Prins writes:

> Thanks ng0,
>
> Embarrassing.

I don't agree, but okay.

> At FOSDEM I'll bring up the topic again of our submission system. Good
> topic for the 'Future of Guix' panel.

I have ideas, as I made some further investigations over the last
months into source code managements and issue/bug tracking
systems, but I think at this point it's better a discussion that
we should have in an meeting (AFK/IRL) and not per email/irc
discussion. It requires no immediate solution, but we could meet
this summer?
I'm also curious about the input and results from chats and
discussions at FOSDEM, can you (or someone else) try to make an
protocol or some other quick format of notes to publish?

Among other things I discovered features of Mantis 2.0 (close
bugs via some keyword in git commits!), I discovered tuleap
(https://www.tuleap.org/), pagure (https://pagure.io/pagure ,
https://fedoramagazine.org/pagure-diy-git-project-hosting/ ) and
thought a bit more about the review situation which is also
rooted in the fact that much more people contribute than review.
My personal contribution to help the current review situation is
to do at least one review per week now.

Now for this long list of patches (I know I don't have to explain
myself, but it's probably appropriate in this case): I evaluate
what I do regulary, and the result was that realized that I got
off the road(map) a bit. This chaos is the reason everything
roadmap related is at 80% but the last 20% were suffering from
distraction.

--
ng0 . https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/