guix-devel

Re: postorius, v2

From: ng0
Subject: Re: postorius, v2
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 12:13:42 +0000

Hartmut Goebel writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just found that I did not verify the inputs carefully enough. Sorry.
> Here are my comments:

No problem. Thanks for checking again, I have no previous
experience with django.

>   * python-defusedxml: okay
>   * python-openid: okay
>   * python-django-allauth:
>       o openid, request-oauthlib requests ought to be propagated inputs
>       o mock is native, okay, but only required for the python2 variant
>       o Why is django a native input? See below for discussion
>   * python-django-gravatar2, may be okay, see below for discussion.
>   *  python-django-mailman3
>       o All "inputs" except django need to be propagated inputs.
>       o Regarding django: see below
>   * * postorius: okay (this is an application, so no propagated inputs
>     are required)
>

> And as we just learned about the licenses: python-django-mailman3 should
> be gpl3+

Ok.

> I'm unsure about the correct handling of django in django-XXX. Can we
> find rules for this to make future packager's life easier?
>
> Should django be a "normal" input or a "native" one? What does this
> depend on?
>

> Clear is: django-XXX should not "propagate" django:
>
>   * django is a framework, django-XXX is an extension for this framework.
>   * If some application is using django-XXX, I'd expect it to have
>     django specified as "input", too, since primary it is a django
>     application. Maybe even djangoXXX is an optional component
>

> Just for the records:
>
>   * django-XXX should propagate other django extension it requires.
>       o If some application is using django-XXX, if should not care
>         about other django extensions django-XXX requires. This is the
>         same like as it does not have to care about other python
>         packages django-XXX requires.

I'm waiting for further input on the django-XXX issue, then I
will rebase and send updated patches.
This will be important for the next step, hyperkitty, too.

Thanks!
--
ng0 . https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/