guix-devel

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Free firmware - A redefinition of the term and a n

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Free firmware - A redefinition of the term and a new metric for it's measurement.
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 21:12:43 +0100

Hi Christopher,

I like to understand things. For me the most important thing is that I
have the documentation available to me and can study how it works. For
most modern chips there is simply no documentation available to me.
But I guess you are right, even if I think that some hardware that
works with linux-libre is less favorable than some that does not.

Thank you for your reply.