guix-devel

Re: guix can't find (gnutls)

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: guix can't find (gnutls)
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2017 16:38:44 +0800

Federico Beffa <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> for some reason Guix can't find (gnutls) despite the module being
> installed and usable in Guile:

Are you running guixsd or runnign guix on a foreign distro?

I personally run guix on debian and had the same problem. I solved the
problem by building gnutls from source and installing it into
/usr/local. The problem is debian's gnutls doesn't contain
gnutls-guile.

One might suggests to install guix's gnutls and build guix using it, but
it doesnt't work for me, so I resort to building from source.