guix-devel

Re: Add emacs-dream-theme

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Add emacs-dream-theme
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 11:11:37 +0300

address@hidden (2017-02-03 20:34 +0000) wrote:

> There are no releases, and I don't know how/if there are certain
> expectations about themes. If loading them just via (require 'dream) is
> not normal, should it be mentioned in the description?
> See http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/dot-emacs.html for an example.

I would say it is not normal, well at least it is not user friendly.  A
usual practice for (M)ELPA theme packages is to autoload a bit of code
that adds a theme to 'custom-theme-load-path' so the theme can be used
without additional settings.  But since this package autoloads nothing,
a user has to adjust their emacs config to make this theme available.
I'm not sure if it should be mentioned in the description though.

--
Alex